Would you like to use the existing log data across your environment to accelerate troubleshooting and reduce downtime across your entire stack? Think about t…
https://bitly.com/log-insight This short video highlights the new features introduced in Log Insight 1.5. VMware® vCenter™ Log Insight™ delivers automated lo…
VMware vCenter Log Insight Installation and Configuration http://vmware.com/products/datacenter-virtualization/vcenter-log-insight?src=socmed-loginsight-youtube.
VMware quietly released a new Beta for its vCenter Log Insight solution, jumping to version 2.0. Remember, earlier this year in January, VMware officially launched version 1.5 with an enterprise readiness focus, and support for an additional range of enterprise log sources.
Log Insight delivers automated log management through aggregation, analytics and search, enabling operational intelligence and enterprise-wide visibility in dynamic hybrid cloud environments. This is VMware’s entry into this market to compete with the likes of Splunk, who also offers VMware environment support.
VMware says its Log Insight product delivers the best real-time log management for VMware environments, with machine learning-based Intelligent Grouping and high performance search, enabling faster troubleshooting and better operational across physical, virtual, and cloud environments. And it can analyze terabytes of logs, discover structure in unstructured data, and deliver enterprise-wide visibility via a modern web interface.
So now that they’ve made the product enterprise ready, what’s new in Log Insight 2.0 Beta? New features include:
- Scale-Out with High Availability
- 5x-10x throughput improvement in Cluster mode
- Single UI to query all the data
- Proactive Analytics
- Machine learning enabled summarization of event types & schema recognition
- Smart fields to aid in extraction
- Super-Powered Dashboards
- Easily add new data filters on the fly
- Interact between dashboard widgets
- RESTful API for log ingestion
- Improved self-monitoring tools
- Windows collection agent
- Forwards Windows event logs
- Monitors & forwards flat log files
- Centralized reporting & management
Ready to download? Grab it here.
Want more information? Check out the release notes.
VMware has announced the release of VMware vCenter Log Insight 1.5, which includes new features for enterprise readiness, and support for an additional range of enterprise log sources.
VMware vCenter Log Insight delivers automated log management through aggregation, analytics and search, enabling operational intelligence and enterprise-wide visibility in dynamic hybrid cloud environments.
The bulk of the work done on vCenter Log Insight 1.5 was to make it a more enterprise-ready product. As an example, VMware has added support for Microsoft’s Active Directory to make vCenter Log Insight easier to integrate into an enterprise environment. This eliminates the need for multiple logins/passwords and allows for seamless integration into an organization’s pre-existing identity management architecture.
Some of the other features added to the product include:
- Improved Performance for Frequently Executed Queries and Dashboards
- New Analytics Function: Unique Count (ucount)
- Improved Content Pack Framework
- Better Integration with VMware vSphere and vCenter Operations Manager
- UI based in-place upgrades
- Easier user deployment types with installation guidance on what capacity each one provides during installation
- Improved Health Monitoring of the Log Insight Virtual Appliance
VMware said its goal is to be able to collect all operational data in the data center, both structured and unstructured. And to further this goal, the improved content pack framework in vCenter Log Insight 1.5 allows you to produce charts, alerts and dashboards for user-specific logs. It also includes many pre-built content packs for Dell, EMC, and others.
You can download the latest software from the VMware Product Evaluation Center.